10-year license fee: Reviewed annually.


Filing Electronically using the Universal Licensing System
Filing Manually

The FCC offers licensees the opportunity to request a specific call sign for their primary station and for their club station. To make the request, you can use either the Universal Licensing System or the document Form 605 Main Form (edition date of July 2005 or later) and Schedule D.

Go to the Universal Licensing System, select Online Filing, and do the following:

  1. Login to the ULS License Manager with your FCC Registration Number (FRN). Note: Tax Payer Identification Numbers (TINs) can no longer be used to login to ULS, effective December 14, 2003.
  2. From your License At A Glance page, choose the Request Vanity Call Sign link on the right hand menu called Work on this License.
  3. Answer the Applicant Questions, and click Continue.
  4. Select Eligibility - Click in the radio button to the left of the eligibility requirement under which you wish to apply for a vanity call sign:
    • Former primary station holder - You are eligible to have the call sign which appears on your primary license displayed on your new vanity license if you are a former primary station holder.
    • Close relative of former holder - You may display the call sign of a deceased spouse, child, grandchild, stepchild, parent, grandparent, stepparent, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or in-law on your primary station license. An "in-law" is limited to a parent, stepparent, sibling, or step-sibling of a licensee's spouse; the spouse of a licensee's sibling, step-sibling, child, or stepchild; or the spouse of a licensee’s spouse’s sibling or step-sibling.
    • Primary station preference list - You may request one or more call signs that you provide in the correct Commission format in the order of your preference. ULS will validate the format of each call sign on your list in turn and select the first call sign in the correct format which is not already assigned to another licensee.

    Note: You cannot receive a vanity call sign from a call sign group for which your operator class is not eligible. For example, if you are operator class T (technician), you can only receive call signs from groups C & D. If you request a call sign from groups A or B, your application will be dismissed by the Commission.
    After making your choice, click the Continue button.
  5. On the Licensee Information page, review and update all of your licensee information. Make any corrections that are necessary. You must keep your address of record current with the FCC. This address will be used to mail you all official correspondence including your license and related information. When ready select Continue.
  6. On the Summary page review the information you have entered. If you wish to make additional changes, click the Edit button next to the section of your application you wish to Edit. You will be able to return to that page of the application. Make the desired change(s) and select the Return to Summary button.
  7. When ready to submit your application to the Commission, choose the Continue to Certify button.
  8. After reading the certification, enter your first and last names and title if appropriate in the boxes at the bottom of the page. You MUST sign the application. When finished choose the Submit Application button.
  9. From the ULS Confirmation screen, we recommend you print a copy of your application and/or the Confirmation screen itself from your web browser.
Note: The address and contact information you have entered in CORES registration will not be automatically associated with your licenses. To change the address or other contact information on your license, you must update your information in ULS or submit Form 605 (edition date of July 2005 or later) manually.


After submitting the application form, you will receive a file number.


You can request Form 605 (edition date of July 2005 or later) by calling (800) 418-FORM (3676), download the form or call our Fax Information System at (202) 418-0177.

Your application document Form 605 (edition date of July 2005 or later)

should be mailed to:


1270 Fairfield Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325-7245

OR, you may deliver the form in person to:


1280 Fairfield Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325


Wednesday, October 5, 2016