NOTICE: Federal regulations require that a valid authorization be obtained prior to the use and operation of certain earth station facilities within the United States. The sample completed Form 312 applications and other information included here are provided as a courtesy and are only for illustrative purposes. These samples are purposely simplified, and should not be considered as a substitute for engaging competent legal and technical assistance in the preparation of earth station applications.
IBFS Licensing Database
IBFS (International Bureau Filing System) is IB's new consolidated licensing database. Earth Stations, Space Stations, International Section 214, International Public Fixed, and International HF Broadcasting services are all included within IBFS. IBFS now supports public access via the World Wide Web. This allows applicants to file many applications electronically and to check on the status of their application via a WWW browser.
Sample Earth Station Applications
Sample earth station application forms using FCC Form 312 have been prepared for several types of typical earth station applications. These completed application forms may be used as a guide to the preparation of your actual Form 312 application for an earth station authorization. Sample FCC Form 312 applications are available in Adobe Acrobat PDF format for the following types of earth station applications.
- Sample Application for Assignment of License or Transfer of Control
- Sample Application for Registration of New Domestic Receive-Only Earth Station
- Sample Application for License of New Earth Station (C-Band Transmit/Receive using U.S. licensed satellites)
- Sample Application for License of New Earth Station (Ku-Band VSAT Network)
- Sample Application for License of New Ku-Band Transmit/Receive Earth Station Using U.S. & Non-U.S. Licensed Satellites
Application Filing Information
- FCC Forms Home Page includes most FCC forms available for downloading. Included here are the FCC forms used with earth station applications (Forms 159, 312, 405, 701, etc.).
- WTO Information is provided concerning the World Trade Organization Basic Telecommunications Agreement.
- Code of Federal Regulations Home Page -- the National Archive's on-line "Code of Federal Regulations" (CFR). The CFR includes all of the FCC Rules and Regulations as "Title 47". Part 25 of the FCC Rules is the part that apply to satellite communications. Other parts of the FCC Rules that may be needed for certain portions of earth station applications are Parts 0, 1, 2, 17, 100, and 101.
Satellite and Earth Station Software & Data
- Spectrum Utilization Study Software (SUSS) OET has developed software that can be used to create Microsoft Access tables in order to make use of raw FCC Licensing systems data, including IBFS data.