The Affordable Connectivity Program replaced the Emergency Broadband Benefit on December 31, 2021. Learn more about the Affordable Connectivity Program by visiting fcc.gov/ACP.
EBB: What It Is & How It Works
FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel gives an overview of the Emergency Broadband Benefit.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a temporary FCC program to help households struggling to afford internet service during the pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more.
Eligible households can enroll through an approved provider or by visiting GetEmergencyBroadband.org.
Press contacts for the FCC's Emergency Broadband Benefit
Paloma Isabel Perez
FCC Press Secretary
Deputy Director, Office of Media Relations
Office of Media Relations
News & Background Information
Press Releases, Statements and Public Notices
- FCC Announces Affordable Connectivity Program (12/31/21)
- FCC Provides Additional Guidance on Affordable Connectivity Program (12/30/21)
- FCC Issues Further Guidance for Affordable Connectivity Program (12/8/21)
- WCB Issues Guidance for Transition to Affordable Connectivity Program (11/26/21)
- WCB Implements EBB Program Integrity Measures for CEP Enrollments (11/22/21)
- FCC Inspector General Issues Advisory Regarding EBB Enrollment Fraud | Advisory (11/22/21)
- FCC Seeks Comment on the New Affordable Connectivity Program (11/18/21)
- More Than 6 Million Households Enroll in Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (9/28/21)
- EBB Eligibility for School Lunch and Breakfast Programs Expanded (9/8/21)
- Five Million Households Enrolled in Broadband Discount Program (8/27/21)
- FCC Warns Public of Emergency Broadband Program Imposter Website (8/27/21)
- FCC Announces Release of Regional EBB Data (7/29/21)
- FCC Enrolls 4M+ Households in Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (7/28/21)
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Enrolls 2.3 Million Households In First 3 Weeks Of Program (6/7/21)
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Enrolls Over One Million Households (5/20/21)
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Starts Today (5/12/21)
- Education Department Launches Outreach Campaign to K-12 Students and Pell Grant Recipients (5/12/21)
- FCC Shares Start Date of Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (4/29/21)
- FCC Announces First Slate Of Emergency Broadband Benefit Providers (4/1/21)
- FCC Adopts Report and Order for Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (2/26/21)
Fact Sheets and Program Background
- FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit Program Information: Information on the fast-tracked development and implementation process for the program, with FAQs for broadband service providers.
- EBB Fact Sheet: How does this temporary consumer broadband and computer discount work? | PDF (5/10/21)
- EBB Fact Sheet: Important information from the FCC Report and Order establishing the program (2/26/21)
Help Has Arrived
The Emergency Broadband Fund is now available to help eligible American households connect to broadband; the Emergency Connectivity Fund will soon help schools and libraries. (5/13/21)
Making Sure the Cost of Access Doesn't Keep Americans Offline
Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel shared answers to frequently asked questions about the Emergency Broadband Benefit. (2/22/21)
FCC Chairwoman Rosenworcel convened a virtual roundtable discussion to gather public input on how to structure the new Emergency Broadband Benefit program. (2/12/21)
The FCC has a variety of consumer materials about the Emergency Broadband Benefit.
- Consumer FAQ - Questions and answers on eligibility, how to apply, participating service providers, connected device benefits, Tribal benefits, and program length.
- Participating Providers Look Up Tool - Find participating broadband service providers listed by state or territory.
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Consumer Information Hub - links to all consumer-related information and content for the program.
- GetEmergencyBroadband.org - The website where consumers will be able to apply for the benefit.
FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit Logo
Graphics and Outreach Materials - A Consumer Outreach Toolkit is also available with additional downloadable graphics, social media images, fact sheets, and other sample outreach content and materials.
- Twitter PNG (1097x617px @72ppi, trans bkgnd)