The Enforcement Bureau (EB) is the primary Federal Communications Commission (FCC or Commission) organizational unit responsible for enforcing the provisions of the Communications Act, as amended, the Commission’s rules, orders, and various licensing terms and conditions. In addition to general enforcement and deterrence goals, EB dedicates its resources to investigations and enforcement actions involving FCC-regulated services and equipment that significantly impact:
- Consumer Protection and Privacy;
- Data Security, Cybersecurity, and Supply Chain Integrity;
- National Security, Public Safety, Emergency Services, and Harmful Interference;
- Fraud Targeting Critical FCC-Funded and -Administered Programs; and
- Fair Competition and Equal Opportunities.