“This page is a digitally archived AccessInfo Announcement”
On Thursday, August 20, 2015, from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m., Chairman Tom Wheeler of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will provide the keynote address for the opening ceremony of the 21st Telecommunications for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Inc. (TDI) Biennial Conference.
Following the Chairman’s keynote address will be an FCC Town Hall meeting, regarding Title I of the Communications and Video Accessibility Act (CVAA), Relay Services, and the Disability Advisory Committee, from 10:15 to 11:30 a.m., hosted by:
- Karen Peltz Strauss, Deputy Chief, Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau (CGB), FCC;
- Greg Hlibok, Chief, Disability Rights Office (DRO), CGB, FCC;
- Elaine Gardner, Designated Federal Officer, Disability Advisory Committee (DAC), FCC;
- Bob Aldrich, Legal Advisor to the Bureau Chief, CGB, FCC;
- Eliot Greenwald, Deputy Chief, DRO, CGB, FCC; and
- Rosaline Crawford, Attorney-Advisor, DRO, CGB, FCC.
A second FCC Town Hall meeting, regarding Title II of the CVAA, captioning quality, and other issues related to the accessibility of video programming, will take place on Friday, August 21, 2015, from 1:30 to 2:45 p.m. This Town Hall will be hosted by:
- Karen Peltz Strauss, Deputy Chief, CGB, FCC;
- Eliot Greenwald, Deputy Chief, DRO, CGB, FCC;
- Rosaline Crawford, Attorney-Advisor, DRO, CGB, FCC; and
- Suzy Rosen Singleton, Attorney-Advisor, DRO, CGB, FCC.
The 21st TDI Biennial Conference will take place at the Hyatt Regency, 300 Light Street, Baltimore, MD 21202.
For more information please visit the conference website at www.tdiforaccess.org.