Office of Media Relations
- Internships During the Year
- The Office of Media Relations offers internships throughout the year and accepts applications on a rolling basis. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we may consider remote internship applicants, to the extent allowable under agency telework conditions.
- General Duties
Support the Office of Media Relations team with projects that may include:
- Monitor the media for FCC news and organize clips
- Create media lists for publicizing specific stories or events
- Draft news releases, advisories, fact sheets and briefing materials
- Create social media content, including graphics
- Maintain an up-to-date media list for use by staff by confirming contacts phone, email, etc.
- Gather and compile information to prepare briefing books, reports and other material as necessary
- Assist in organizing and staffing press events
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Other media related administrative duties as needed
- Selection Criteria
In order to be considered candidates must:
- Be enrolled in an accredited university/college
- Have a strong academic record
- Major in public relations, journalism, communications, or related field
- Possess public relations experience or abilities
- Be able to commit to 20 hours of work per week during traditional work hours (9 a.m.-6 p.m. ET)
- Other criteria that will be considered include:
- Excellent writing and organizations skills
- Willingness to take initiative and motivation to seek new learning opportunities
- Sharp attention to detail when proofreading or fact-checking
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good research ability, command of the Internet and social media
- Requested Application Information:
Cover letter, resume, and writing sample. Please include expected time period of availability.
- Email Application Information to:
- Additional Information:
This is a non-paid intern position.
- Please direct any questions or concerns to: