This was the second meeting of the Diversity Federal Advisory Committee under its current charter. At this meeting there were reports from the three working committees: Channels 5 and 6 feasibility; WiFi Technology; and EEO enforcement. Issues raised by these working groups were discussed by the entire Diversity Committee.
The mission of the Advisory Committee on Diversity for Communications in the Digital Age is to provide recommendations to the Commission regarding policies and practices that will further enhance diversity in the telecommunications and related industries. In particular, the Committee will focus primarily on lowering barrier to entry for historically disadvantaged men and women, exploring ways in which to ensure universal access to and adoption of broadband, and creating an environment that enables employment of a diverse workforce within the telecommunications and related industries. The Committee will be charged with gathering the data and information necessary to formulate meaningful recommendations for these objectives.
- PROPOSAL - Design and Methods of the FCC EEO Diversity Recruitment Survey: Telecommunications and Information Services Firms
- At&T aspire Presentation, Scott Sapperstein
- Comcast Presentation on Internet Essentials: Conquering the Digital Divide
- Federal Register Notice of Public Meeting
- Diversity Committee Website