FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski Joined U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg to Announce New Initiatives to Capitalize on The Mobile App Economy
U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ) joined FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski and leaders from New Jersey’s education, business, and technology communities at Stevens Institute of Technology to announce new initiatives to spur high-tech innovation in New Jersey.
- Frank R. Lautenberg, U.S. Senator (D-NJ)
- Julius Genachowski, Chairman, FCC
- Dawn Zimmer, Mayor, Hoboken, N.J.
- Dr. Nariman Farvardin, President, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Dr. Donald Sebastian, Vice President of Research and Development, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Dr. Richard L. McCormick, President, Rutgers University
- Dr. Michael Mandel, Chief Economic Strategist, Progressive Policy Institute
- Dr. Jeong Kim, President of Alcatel-Lucent Bell Labs
- Leadership from startups, including Bleacher League, Boxee, Kno, and Vonage
- Stevens Institute of Technology Event Page
- Full Video of the Event
- Fact Sheet: Announcement of New Apps Challenge, Apps Economy Legislation And A New Jersey Startup Incubator.
- Chairman Genachowski's Remarks