The CSRIC is a federal advisory committee that will provide recommendations to the Commission regarding best practices and actions the Commission can take to help ensure security, reliability, and interoperability of commercial and public safety communications systems, including: the reliability and security of communications systems and infrastructure; 911, Enhanced 911 (E911), and Next Generation 911; and emergency alerting.
This is the third meeting under this CSRIC charter. At the meeting, each of the working groups provided a progress report. Votes were scheduled on reports for Working Groups 3 on Emergency Alerting, 7 on Legacy Network Best Practices Update; and 9 on Infrastructure Sharing During Emergencies. In addition, Working Group 4 on Cybersecurity Best Practices will begin their work to recommend consensus-based best practices that implement the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Working Group 1 - NG 9-1-1
- Working Group 2 - Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Working Group 3 - Emergency Alert System
- Working Group 4 - Cybersecurity Best Practices
- Working Group 5 - Remediation of Server-Based DDos Attacks
- Working Group 6 - Long-Term Core Internet Protocol Improvements
- Working Group 7 - Legacy Network Best Practices Update
- Working Group 8 - Submarine Cable Routing and Landing Working Group
- Working Group 9 - Infrastructure Sharing During Emergencies
- Working Group 10 - CPE Powering