FCC HOSTS A PANEL EVENT TO COMMEMORATE THE
25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The Federal Communications Commission, hosted this panel event to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The event, presented by the agency’s Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau, also recognized the 5th anniversary of the Twenty-first Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 (CVAA), which will be occurring in October of this year.
The FCC’s ADA Panel Event kicked-off with opening remarks by FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler. The panel consisted of consumers representing various disability organizations who shared stories about how advances in communication access have made a difference in their personal and professional lives, as well as the lives of their family, friends, and colleagues.
- Al Sonnenstrahl, Former (1990) Executive Director of TDI
- Claude Stout, Current Executive Director, TDI
- Lise Hamlin, Hearing Loss Association of America
- Rebecca Ladew, Speech Communications by Telephone, Inc.
- Eric Bridges, American Council of the Blind
- Eddie Martinez, Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind
- Zainab Alkebsi, National Association of the Deaf
- Mark Richert, American Foundation for the Blind
- John G. Paré Jr., National Federation of the Blind