The Diversity in the Tech Sector Working Group of the FCC’s Advisory Committee on Diversity and Digital Empowerment (ACDDE) and the FCC’s Media Bureau co-hosted this virtual summit. The event was convened virtually and was open to the public on the Internet via live feed from the FCC’s web page at www.fcc.gov/live and on the FCC’s YouTube channel.
Drawing on experts and participants from within the tech industry, the summit provided information and resources on obtaining employment in the tech sector to diverse high school and college students, as well as to key influencers such as guidance counselors, placement officers, and parents. Topics covered during the summit included:
- Career opportunities in the tech sector and information about work experience,
- Education, skills, and experience needed to get a job in tech,
- How to build a strong, competitive resume,
- How to build a strong professional network within the tech and telecom realm and leverage that network,
- Appearance and professionalism,
- Communications skills, and
- How to interview for and land a job.
See the Public Notice for the agenda, registration details, and more information.
Materials from Summit Participants
- The Links, Incorporated – Eastern Area
- Multicultural Media Telecom and Internet Council (MMTC)
- STEM NOLA
- Charter Communications