This page provides information on applications to the FCC related to the proposed merger of NorthPoint Communications, Inc. and Verizon Communications.
For additional documents and information, see:
The Common Carrier Bureau NorthPoint & Verizon Web Page
These applications have been consolidated under CC Docket 00-157, and most of the record in the proceeding is accessible through the Electronic Comment Filing System. Copies of documents in the record may also be obtained for a fee from FCC's duplicating contractor Qualex International, or may be viewed and/or copied at the FCC Reference Center.
FCC Order closes joint application filed by NorthPoint Communications, Inc. and Verizon Communications to transfer control of blanket authorization to provide domestic interstate telecommunications services held by NorthPoint to Verizon, DA No. 01-1048
Christian Macedonia Comments
Joint Application of NorthPoint Communications, Inc. and Verizon Communications for Authority Pursuant to Section 214 of the Communications Act of 1934, as Amended, To Transfer Control of Blanket Authorization To Provide Domestic Interstate Telecommunications Services as a Non-Dominant Carrier
[ Acrobat | Acrobat | Acrobat ]
On August 25, 2000, NorthPoint Communications, Inc. (NorthPoint), and Verizon Communications (Verizon) filed a joint application under Section 214 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. Â§ 214, requesting Commission approval of the transfer of control of NorthPoint's section 214 authorization to provide domestic interstate telecommunications services as a non-dominant carrier in connection with the proposed merger of NorthPoint and Verizon digital subscriber line (DSL) businesses into a new non-dominant carrier. The proposed merger will result in Verizon owning a 55 percent interest in the new carrier, with the remaining 45 percent interest owned by independent shareholders.
Day 1 was on: 9/1/00
This information was last updated on: 4/24/01
|Reason for Stop|
|92||12/1/00||143||Letter from FCC to Applicants Stopping Clock.|
|92||4/24/01||143||FCC Order closes joint application filed by NorthPoint Communications, Inc. and Verizon Communications to transfer control of blanket authorization to provide domestic interstate telecommunications services held by NorthPoint to Verizon, DA No. 01-1048|
This page contains an indexed unofficial listing of and electronic links to most materials in this docket. The applications and any associated documents are also available for public inspection and copying during normal reference room hours at the FCC Reference Center. Copies of the applications and any subsequently-filed documents in this matter also may be obtained through the Commission's Electronic Comment Filing System. To request materials in accessible formats for people with disabilities (Braille, large print, electronic files, audio format), send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at 202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (tty).