On August 1, 2013, AT&T Inc. ("AT&T") and Leap Wireless International, Inc. ("Leap"), in connection with AT&T's acquisition of Leap, filed applications seeking Commission approval to transfer control to AT&T of licenses and authorizations controlled by Leap. AT&T is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States, with over 100 million subscribers. Leap provides pre-paid wireless service under the Cricket brand, serving approximately 5 million subscribers.
Interested parties must file Petitions to Deny and Comments no later than September 27, 2013. Oppositions to such pleadings must be filed no later than October 23, 2013, and Replies must be filed no later than October 31, 2013.
TimelineDay 180 - March 13, 2014
March 13, 2014 - Memorandum Opinion And Order Memorandum Opinion and Order Approving Applications with Conditions
October 17, 2013 - Public Notice Revised Filing Deadlines Following Resumption Of Normal FCC Operations
August 29, 2013 - Public Notice Public Notice Placing NRUF/LNP Data in Record
August 29, 2013 - Protective Order NRUF/LNP Protective Order
August 28, 2013 - Public Notice Pleading Cycle Established
August 7, 2013 - Second Protective Order Second-Level Protective Order
August 7, 2013 - First Protective Order First-Level Protective Order
3/12/14 Letter, filed by AT&T Inc.
3/11/14 Letter, filed by AT&T Inc.
3/6/14 Letter, filed by AT&T Inc.
1/27/14 Letter, filed by Leap Wireless
- Lead Application
- Public Interest Statement
- Declaration of Rick Moore, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, AT&T
- Declaration of William Hogg, Senior Vice President of Network Planning and Engineering, AT&T
- Declaration of S. Douglas Hutcheson, Chief Executive Office, Leap Wireless International
- Economic Analysis, Declaration of Mark Israel
- Spectrum Aggregation Chart
- Chart of Competitors
- John Schauble, Broadband Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau: (202) 418-0797
- Kate Matraves, Spectrum and Competition Policy Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau: (202) 391-6272
This page contains an indexed unofficial listing of and electronic links to most materials in this docket. The applications and any associated documents are also available for public inspection and copying during normal reference room hours at the FCC Reference Center. Copies of the applications and any subsequently-filed documents in this matter also may be obtained through the Commission's Electronic Comment Filing System. To request materials in accessible formats for people with disabilities (Braille, large print, electronic files, audio format), send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau at 202-418-0530 (voice), 202-418-0432 (tty).