Members of the FCC's Consumer Affairs and Outreach Division will visit Nebraska and Kansas, the fifth in a series of trips designed to build partnerships with local consumer groups and to hear directly from local consumers and community members.
During their travels to various cities and towns, the team will meet with community leaders and groups to share information and resources regarding telecommunication issues that affect their daily lives including the latest telecom scams targeting consumers. Topics that will be discussed include:
- Robocalls, spoofing and other scam alerts
- Slamming, cramming and other issues related to consumer phone bills
- The Broadcast Television Transition, and how consumers may be affected
- Protecting mobile devices from loss or theft
- How to file complaints and comments with the FCC
Schedule of Events
Events below are free and open to the public unless noted otherwise.
Day 1: Tuesday, 9/17
- 3:30 p.m.
John A. Stahl Library - FCC Meet and Greet
330 No. Colfax St, West Point, NE 68788
- Meetings with local leaders in Hartington, Wayne, and West Point, NE – closed to the general public
Day 2: Wednesday, 9/18
Consumer Education Forum - Keene Memorial Library (Download Event Flyer)
1030 N Broad St., Fremont, NE 68025
Town Hall Meeting - Valley Public Library (Download Event Flyer)
232 N. Spruce Street, Valley, NE 68064
Meetings with local leaders in Valley, NE – closed to the general public
Day 3: Thursday, 9/19
- 11:30 a.m.
Town Hall Meeting - Rowe Building (Download Event Flyer)
1518 Central Ave., Nebraska City, NE 68410
- 5:30 p.m.
Town Hall Meeting - Beatrice Public Library (Download Event Flyer)
100 N. 16th Street, Beatrice, NE 68310
- Meetings with local leaders in Plattsmouth, Nebraska City, Auburn, Tecumseh, and Beatrice, NE - closed to the general public
Day 4: Friday, 9/20
- 1:00 p.m.
Public Meeting at Brown County Services for the Elderly (Download Event Flyer)
813 Oregon Street, Hiawatha, KS 66434
- 2:00 p.m.
Public Meeting with Brown County Officials (Download Event Flyer)
Brown County Sherriff’s Office, 709 Utah Street, Hiawatha, KS 66434
- 4:00 p.m.
Public Meeting with Doniphan County Officials (Download Event Flyer)
120 E. Chestnut Street, Troy, KS 66087
- Meetings with local leaders in Marysville, Seneca, and Troy, KS – closed to the general public
Day 5: Saturday, 9/21
- 9:30 a.m.
Atchison Public Library Presentation (Download Event Flyer)
401 Kansas Ave., Atchison, KS 66002
- 1:00 p.m.
Leavenworth Public Library Presentation (Download Event Flyer)
417 Spruce St., Leavenworth, KS 66048
- Meeting with local leaders in Oskaloosa, KS – closed to the general public
Please continue to visit this page for updates.