Phony IRS Scams
Don't be fooled by a spoofed number that appears to be from the IRS. Watch out for this perennial phone scam, which is especially prevalent during tax season.
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau Chief Patrick Webre discusses illegal robocalls, Caller ID spoofing, bill cramming and more.
- Video: CGB Chief Webre on Top Consumer Issues
- Video: Chairman Pai Kicks Off NCPW 2018
- Consumer Alert: 'Neighbor Spoofing' Scam Calls
Wireless Emergency Alerts
WEA is a public safety system that allows customers to receive messages alerting them of imminent threats to safety in their area.
Communicating During Weather Emergencies
Telecommunications tips and other helpful resources to use during and after a natural disaster emergency.
Emergency Communications Tips
What should you do to prepare for a natural disaster emergency? The FCC and FEMA have tips that can help.
- FCC/FEMA Tips for Communicating During an Emergency
- Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands Updates | Post-Storm Scams
Holiday Consumer Tips Webinar
The FCC and FTC hosted a free webinar to share tips for consumers this holiday season.
- Video: Watch the Webinar | FCC Consumer Advisory
- Video: Chairman Pai - Avoiding Robocalls and Spoofing
Scams Follow Where Disaster Strikes
Scammers are always looking for new victims and, unfortunately, natural disasters leave people at their most vulnerable.
Spoofing and Caller ID
You may not be able to tell right away if an incoming call is spoofed. If you're suspicious about a call, don't respond to any requests for personal information and hang up.