Inside the Bureau
- Connect America Fund (CAF)
What's New WCB Publishes List of Extremely High-Cost Census Blocks in Price Cap Areas (6/23/15) Updated FCC Form 481 Protective Order (6/17/15) WCB Authorizes Frontier to...
- Universal Service Program for Schools and Libraries (E-Rate)
The FCC's E-rate program connects the nation's schools and libraries to broadband. It is the government's largest educational technology program. When E-rate was established...
- Providing Relief for the Families of Inmates From the High Cost of Staying in Touch
Today, the Commission released an Order that will provide meaningful relief to millions of Americans who have borne the financial burden of unjust and unreasonable interstate...
- Rural Call Completion: Problems with Long Distance or Wireless Calling to Rural Areas
Rural consumers are reporting significant problems receiving long distance or wireless calls on their landline telephones.
- The IP Transition: Starting Now
Our communications networks are changing – and fast. What some call the “IP transition” is really a series of transitions; a multi-faceted revolution that advances as the packets...
- Bureaus Deny Petitions Seeking Stay of Open Internet Order
- June 29, 2015 - OrderHon. Sarah D. Hofmann of Vermont Appointed to Separations Joint Board
- June 25, 2015 - OrderCarolina West Wireless Waiver of Certain Rural Call Completion Rules
- June 24, 2015 - OrderGrant in Part of Eight Petitions Seeking Waiver of ICC Recovery Rules
- June 24, 2015 - Public NoticeWireline Competition Bureau Further Extends Comment Deadlines
About the Bureau
The Wireline Competition Bureau works to ensure that all Americans have access to robust, affordable broadband and voice services. Its programs help ensure access to affordable communications for schools, libraries, health care providers, and rural and low-income consumers. It works to protect consumers and foster competition, especially for the services that small businesses need, and ensure a sustainable policy framework for competitors that rely on the facilities of others. It reviews communications industry transactions and conducts rulemakings and proceedings to ensure the availability of key inputs for communications providers, such as access to utility poles and rights of way. And it provides the public with accurate and comprehensive data about communications services, including broadband.
Wireline Competition Bureau
WCB Contact Information