On July 30, 1998, the Commission announced the appointment of AT&T CEO Michael Armstrong as Chairman of the rechartered Council. Under its amended charter, the Council advised the Commission on the efforts of the industry to prepare for Year 2000 conversion. The goal of NRIC IV was to assure optimal reliability, interoperability and interconnectivity of, and accessibility to, the public telecommunications networks. NRIC IV focused on the following questions:
- What is the impact of the "year 2000 problem" on access to the telecommunications networks?
- What is the impact of the "year 2000 problem" on access to the telecommunications networks and services (i.e. CPE perspective)?
- What is the current status of network reliability?
- Term: January 6, 1998 - January 6, 2000
- Marsha MacBride, Designated Federal Officer
- Michael Armstrong, NRIC Chair
- John Pasqua, NRIC Steering Committee Co-Chair
- NRIC IV
Assessment of U.S. Telecommunications Industry - 11/9/1999
Summary | News Release
- NRIC IV
Y2K Communications Sector Report - 3/30/1999
Report | News Release
- Focus Group Reports
FG-1 | FG-2 | FG-3 | FG-3SC1 | FG-3SC2