Mr. Jack Bond, Mountain SMR Group, LLC, re: Final Withdrawal and Default Payments for Auction No. 16
Letter from Margaret Wiener, Chief, Auctions and Industry Analysis Division, WTB to Ms. Sabrina Cruz-Sablan, President, Communications Pacific, Inc.
In the Matter of Communications Pacific, Inc., Conditional Grantee for License EA 173C (Guam - Northern Mariana), Auction No. 16
Auction 16 began on 10/28/1997 and closed on 12/8/1997.
525 licenses. 3 licenses in each of 175 Economic Areas (EAs)
Block A: 401-420 Channel Numbers 861.0-861.5 MHz paired with 816.0-816.5 MHz
Block B: 421-480 Channel Numbers 861.5-863.0 MHz paired with 816.5-818.0 MHz
Block C: 481-600 Channel Numbers 863.0-866.0 MHz paired with 818.0-821.0 MHz
Block A - 1.0 MHz in 175 EAs
Block B - 3.0 MHz in 175 EAs
Block C - 6.0 MHz in 175 EAs
- Key Dates
- Licenses Offered
- Permissible Operations
- License Period and Construction Requirements
- Bidding Credits
- One third of service area population in 3 years
- 2/3 of service area population in 5 years. Alternatively, at the five year mark, submit a showing of "substantial service." See 47 C.F.R. 90.685(b).
- A bidder with average gross revenues of not more than $15 million (a "small business") receives a 25 percent discount on its winning bids for the 800 MHz SMR licenses.
- A bidder with average gross revenues of not more than $3 million (a "very small business") receives a 35 percent discount on its winning bids for the 800 MHz SMR licenses.