Auction cross references for counties, areas, populations and more.
Census and Cross Reference Data
Provides 1990 and 2000 census data for territories and protectorates in a cross-reference with all current geographic licensing schemes and counties. (CEA, MTA, BTA, MSA/RSA, REAG, MEA, EA, EAG, VPC, PCS (used in Auction #3), and Public Safety Planning Regions).
CMA Names (xls)
Population and Area to BTA (xls)
Includes 1990, 1990 Revised, 1998 estimated(partial), 1999 estimate, and 2000) 5
Population to MTA (xls)
The Commission uses the county-equivalent areas as defined in Federal Information Processing Standards Publication 6-4, 1990 August 31. However, since 1990, five county-equivalent entities have changed.
- December 28, 1990 - Alaska - Denali Borough (02068) was established. The new borough removes territory from the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area (02290) and an unpopulated part of Southeast Fairbanks Census Area (02240).
- September 22, 1992 - Alaska - Yakutat Borough (02282) was established. The new borough removes territory from the Skagway-Yakutat-Angoon Census Area (02231). With the loss of Yakutat, that census area is renamed Skagway-Hoonah-Angoon (02232).
- June 30, 1995 - Virginia - The independent city (county-equivalent) of South Boston (51780) reverted to town status. South Boston is an incorporated place within Halifax County (51083).
- November 13, 1997 - Florida - Dade County (12025) officially changed its legal name to Miami-Dade County (12086).
- July 19, 1999 - Montana - Yellowstone National Park (30113) shown as a county equivalent in 1990, is legally part of Gallatin County (30031) and Park County (30067). Therefore , this eliminates Yellowstone National Park as a county equivalent
Please refer to the FCC Office of Engineering & Technology (OET) for updates, additional maps and map related data.
Tribal Lands 2000 Penetration Rates
Not all of the lands listed are "qualifying" tribal lands as defined under 47 C.F.R. § 1.2110(e)(3)(i). The tribal lands “occupants” listed are derived from the United States Bureau of Indian Affairs’ 2000 list of recognized tribal entities. See See 65 FR 13298 (March 13, 2000).
Tribal Lands vs. Regional PCS Areas (RPC)
Tribal Lands vs. VHF Public Coast Station Areas (VPC)
Monday, September 13, 2004