The FCC’s Technological Advisory Council (TAC) provides technical advice to the FCC. The TAC is organized under the authority of the Federal Advisory Committee Act. The current TAC, which is the FCC’s 5th Technological Advisory Council, was formed on October 21, 2010. The TAC is comprised of a diverse array of leading experts that helps the FCC identify important areas of innovation and develop informed technology policies supporting America’s competitiveness and job creation in the global economy.
The FCC’s Technological Advisory Council will tentalively meet on the following dates in 2020. Check the releases section on this page to confirm meeting dates:
- March 24, 2020 from 10:00am to 3:00pm (Online only)
- June 4, 2020 from 10:00am to 3:00pm (Online only)
- September 22, 2020
- December 1, 2020
All meetings will be held in the Commission Meeting Room at 445 12th Street SW, Washington, DC. The meetings will be webcast and accessible from https://www.fcc.gov/live.
- Documents and White Paper Releases
- Technological Advisory Council Charter [Acrobat]
- Technological Advisory Council Working Group Charter [Acrobat]