We understand that the FCC's application filing systems aren't always easy to understand and use. That's why we created this LMS Help Center page, to assist you with creating filings in the FCC's Media Bureau's Licensing Management System (LMS). The LMS system covers broadcast radio and broadcast television filings.
LMS Public Searches...
- Many times, you can find information without logging into the electronic filing system. Please try the LMS public database searches.
Before You Start LMS Electronic Filing...
- FRN Number. Nearly all filings require an FRN (FCC Registration Number) Number. If the licensee, permittee, or applicant does not have one, it may create one through the FCC's CORES system.
- How do I find my FRN? For licensees that aren’t sure about how to determine which FRN to use to access LMS, simply start by searching for your callsign or Facility Identifier (Facility ID) here: http://licensing.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/sta_sear.htm. When the Station Search Results are displayed, click on the “Click for Details” link next to the correct station. Then, at the bottom of the Station Search Details page, click on the link for “View FRN History.” Any FRN listed on the FRN History page may be used to initially log into LMS. Please note that, once an FRN is associated with a facility ID in LMS, that FRN is the only one that may be used to access and submit filings in LMS.
- When logging into LMS for the first time with an FRN that is associated with a facility ID that had multiple associated FRNs in CDBS, the licensee will be asked to “Select (the) FRN of Record.” Doing so will permanently associate the login FRN with the selected facilities, making that FRN the only one that may be used to file applications for those facility ID(s) in LMS (please make note of that FRN). Facility IDs with only one associated FRN will not be required to select the FRN of record.
- Facility Callsign and Facility ID Number. Each broadcast radio or television station has been assigned a station call sign and a facility ID number. This won't apply to applications for new broadcast stations.
- Get the Form or Schedule Instructions below. These will help you assemble required information and application attachments in advance of filing. And reduce errors, frustration, and confusion.
Logging In to LMS...
- OK, you need to file something. Start here!
- Common filing questions are answered in the FAQ (emphasis on radio). It's worth a look before you file.
- Here is the login page itself: https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/login.html
Applications, Schedules, and Forms Available in LMS...
- The following applications, schedules, and forms are available for electronic filing in the LMS system.
|Schedule or Form||Instructions||Description / Related Material||Applies to|
|Schedule 303-S||Instructions for 303-S||Renewal of Broadcast Station License (File Schedule 396 First!)||Broadcast radio and television services|
|Schedule 396||Instructions for 396||EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Program Report||Broadcast radio and television services|
|Form 398||Summary for Form 398||Children's Television Reporting||Broadcast television services|
- As additional applications and forms are added, information will be posted here.
If you need assistance...
- LMS: Filers who have questions regarding FRNs, basic filing requirements, or who need assistance logging into LMS or accessing Schedules 303-S and 396 should contact the Commission at (877) 480-3201 (Option 2), Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm ET, or send a request online using the contact form at Submit Help Request.