FM and LPFM Construction Permit and License Applications
Moved to LMS on September 25.
See the September 10, 2019 Public Notice.
We understand that the FCC's application filing systems aren't always easy to understand and use. That's why we created this LMS Help Center page, to assist you with creating filings in the FCC's Media Bureau's Licensing Management System (LMS). The LMS system covers broadcast radio and broadcast television filings.
LMS Public Searches...
- Many times, you can find information without logging into the electronic filing system. Please try the LMS public database searches.
Before You Start LMS Electronic Filing...
- FRN Number. Nearly all filings require an FRN (FCC Registration Number) number. If the licensee, permittee, or applicant does not have one, it may create one through the FCC's CORES system.
- How do I find my FRN? For licensees that aren’t sure about how to determine which FRN to use to access LMS, simply start by searching for your callsign or Facility Identifier (Facility ID) here: http://licensing.fcc.gov/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/sta_sear.htm. When the Station Search Results are displayed, click on the “Click for Details” link next to the correct station. Then, at the bottom of the Station Search Details page, click on the link for “View FRN History.” Any FRN listed on the FRN History page may be used to initially log into LMS. Please note that, once an FRN is associated with a facility ID in LMS, that FRN is the only one that may be used to access and submit filings in LMS.
- When logging into LMS for the first time with an FRN that is associated with a facility ID that had multiple associated FRNs in CDBS, the licensee will be asked to “Select (the) FRN of Record.” Doing so will permanently associate the login FRN with the selected facilities, making that FRN the only one that may be used to file applications for those facility ID(s) in LMS (please make note of that FRN). Facility IDs with only one associated FRN will not be required to select the FRN of record.
- Facility Callsign and Facility ID Number. Each broadcast radio or television station has been assigned a station call sign and a facility ID number. This won't apply to applications for new broadcast stations.
- Get the Form or Schedule Instructions below. These will help you assemble required information and application attachments in advance of filing the application. And reduce errors, frustration, and confusion.
- Filing FM Construction Permit and License Applications. Read How Do I File an FM Construction Permit or License Application in LMS for the steps to follow for construction permit and license applications.
- Filing Pleadings and Appeals. Read How Do I File A Pleading or Appeal in LMS for the steps to follow for these types of filings against applications.
Logging In to LMS...
- OK, you need to file something. Start here!
- Common filing questions are answered in the FAQ (emphasis on radio). It's worth a look before you file.
- Here is the login page itself: https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/dataentry/login.html
Applications, Schedules, and Forms Available in LMS...
- The following applications, schedules, and forms are available for electronic filing in the LMS system.
|Schedule or Form||Instructions||Description / Related Material||Applies to|
|Instructions for 301-FM||Commercial FM Broadcast Service (not LPFM)|
|Schedule 303-S||Instructions for 303-S||Renewal of Broadcast Station License (File Schedule 396 First!)||Broadcast radio and television services|
|Schedule 318||Instructions for 318||Low Power FM (LPFM)||Broadcast radio (LPFM)|
|Schedule 319||Instructions for 319||Low Power FM (LPFM)||Broadcast Radio (LPFM)|
|Schedule 340||Instructions for 340|
|Schedule 349||Instructions for 349||Broadcast FM Translators and Boosters|
|Schedule 350||Instructions for 350||Broadcast FM Translators and Boosters|
|Schedule 396||Instructions for 396||EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity) Program Report||Broadcast radio and television services|
|Form 398||Summary for Form 398||Children's Television Reporting||Broadcast television services|
- These documents are needed to prepare LMS filings, but are not contained within LMS:
|Title||Schedules or Application Types||Applies To:|
|Radiofrequency (RF) Exposure Compliance Worksheets||Schedule 303-S
||Broadcast radio services|
- As additional applications and forms are added, information will be posted here.
If you need assistance...
- Radio Station License Renewals (Video). This four minute video provides information that radio broadcasters nees to know, and actions to take to ensure a smooth license renewal process.
- Slides with screenshots, used for the April 29, 2019 Audio Division staff presentation at the FCBA Mass Media Committee Brown Bag Lunch, may help you get started.
- LMS: Filers who have questions regarding FRNs, basic filing requirements, or who need assistance logging into LMS or accessing Schedules 303-S and 396 should contact the Commission at (877) 480-3201 (Option 2), Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm ET, or send a request online using the contact form at Submit Help Request.