The Video Division licenses commercial and noncommercial educational TV, Low Power TV, Class A TV and TV Translators broadcast services. The Division provides legal and technical analysis of applications and recommends appropriate disposition of applications, requests for waivers and other pleadings.
Our popular internet queries may be used to retrieve information about television and radio broadcast stations.
- AM Query
- FM Query
- TV Query
- DTV Reception Maps
- Television Single Channel Maps
- CDBS Public Access Search
- LMS Database Public Searches
- Children’s Programming Query
- Mailing Addresses for Broadcast Stations
- Public Inspection Files
- Remember to Rescan!
- Children’s Programming Fact Sheet
- How to Apply for a Broadcast Station General information about the process.
- License Renewal Applications for TV Broadcast Stations All television broadcast station licenses must be renewed four months before the expiration date of the stations license. Licensees must file a license renewal application (FCC Form 303-S) and the Broadcast Equal Employment Opportunity Program Statement (FCC Form 396). This page provides information about the license renewal process for radio broadcast stations.
- Children's Television What is required under the Children's Television Act?
- Broadcast of Obscene and/or Indecent Material This page provides an overview of FCC regulations.
- Loud Commercials
- The Public and Broadcasting provides a brief, non-technical overview of the FCC's regulation of radio and television, including Public Inspection File requirements. (Revised December 2018)
- Religious Broadcasting The FCC will not prohibit religious organizations' ownership of broadcast stations. A petition (RM-2493, from Madilyn Murray O'Hare) which had requested that the FCC make changes was denied in 1975 (54 FCC 2d 941). Excerpts from that proceeding are located here.
- Special Temporary Authority, Emergency Antennas, and Silent Stations