Payment Directions and Fee Information Resources
Payment Directions for ULS Individual Filers
Payments must be paid within 10 days of the application receipt date.
Filing Electronically using the Universal Licensing System
To apply for renewal of your amateur operator/primary station license grant, including those station license grants within the grace period go to Universal Licensing System (ULS).
Club or military recreation stations with the Radio Service Code HA need to file through a Club Station Call Sign Administrator. See the Public Notice on CSCSAs (text). Club vanity renewals my be filed in ULS with no changes.
You may receive a license expiration notification from an entity, but you are not required to use its services. You may file your renewal applications 90 days prior to your license expiration date 97.21 (a)(3)(ii) & 1.62, provides that when your application for renewal has been received by the FCC on or before the license expiration date, your operating authority is continued until the final disposition of your application. If your license expires, you may apply for renewal of the license for another term during a two-year filing grace period. The application document must be received by the FCC on or before the end of the grace period. For renewal applications received after the expiration date, but during the 2-year filing grace period, no amateur operator or station operating privileges are conferred unless and until the license is renewed. . Applications received after the grace period has ended cannot be granted.
Filing Electronically using the Universal Licensing SystemRenew your license through the Universal Licensing System (ULS) at any time within 90 days of the expiration date for the license and up to two years after the license expires.
To renew, go to the ULS Home, select Online Filing, and follow the instructions below.
- Login to the ULS License Manager with your FCC Registration Number (FRN).
- From your License At A Glance page, choose the Renew link in the right hand menu called Work on this License. When your license is within the renewal period of 90 days before the expiration date until the expiration date, or within the 2 year grace period allowed there after the Renew link will appear. If your license is not eligible for renewal the link will not appear.
- On the Select Updates page, review the licensee information displayed beneath the table of license information. If any of the data is missing or out of date you must update it. Click on the box to the left of the Licensee Information heading to insert a checkbox and select it.
- When ready click Continue.
- Answer the questions on the Applicant Questions page, and click Continue when ready.
- On the Licensee Information page, review and update all of your licensee information. Make any corrections that are necessary.
- On the Summary page review the information you have entered. If you wish to make additional changes, click the Edit button next to the section of your application you wish to Edit. You will be able to return to that page of the application. Make the desired change and select the Return to Summary button.
- When ready to submit your update to the Commission, choose the Continue to Certify button.
- After reading the certification, enter your first and last names in the boxes at the bottom of the page. You MUST sign the application. When finished choose the Submit Application button.
- From the ULS Confirmation screen, we recommend you print a copy of your application and/or the Confirmation screen itself from your web browser.
Note: The address and contact information you have entered in CORES registration will not be automatically associated with your licenses. To change the address or other contact information on your license, you must update your information in ULS.