The 5G Fund for Rural America represents the next step in the Commission's efforts to bridge the digital divide. On October 27, 2020, the Commission adopted a Report and Order establishing the 5G Fund for Rural America, which will make up to $9 billion available to bring 5G mobile broadband service to rural areas that would be unlikely to otherwise see deployment of 5G broadband service based upon new mobile coverage data submitted in the Commission's Digital Opportunity Data Collection. The 5G Fund will help ensure that rural Americans enjoy the same benefits from our increasingly digital economy as their urban counterparts and would include a special focus on deployments that support precision agriculture.
- 5G Fund Report and Order (October 29, 2020)
- Comment Sought on Adjustment Factor Values for the 5G Fund (June 5, 2020)
- Comment Deadline Set for 5G Fund NPRM (May 26, 2020)
- Anonymized NRUF Data Placed into 5G Fund Record Subject to Protective Order (May 1, 2020)
- 5G Fund Adjustment Factor Protective Order (May 1, 2020)
- 5G Fund Notice of Proposed Rulemaking & Order (April 24, 2020)
- 5G Fund Option A Eligibility Analysis Staff Report (April 9, 2020)