The COVID-19 Telehealth Program will provide $200 million in funding, appropriated by Congress as part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, to help health care providers provide connected care services to patients at their homes or mobile locations in response to the novel Coronavirus 2019 disease (COVID-19) pandemic. The Program will provide immediate support to eligible health care providers responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by fully funding their telecommunications services, information services, and devices necessary to provide critical connected care services until the program’s funds have been expended or the COVID-19 pandemic has ended.
Note that the COVID-19 Telehealth Program is limited to nonprofit and public eligible health care providers that fall within the categories of health care providers in section 254(h)(7)(B) of the 1996 Act. For more information, see Question 10 of the Frequently Asked Questions.
Before You Apply
In advance of filing an application, eligible parties should:
- Create an FCC Registration Number (FRN) and username and password in the Commission Registration System (CORES). An FRN is a 10-digit number that is assigned to a business or individual registering with the FCC and is used to identify the registrant’s business dealings with the FCC. Learn more about CORES.
- Obtain an eligibility determination from the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) by filing FCC Form 460 through My Portal on USAC's webpage. (Filers do not need to be rural health care providers in order to file Form 460 for this program.) For additional Form 460 support contact USAC, by telephone at (800)453-1546 or email at RHC-Assist@usac.org
- Register with the federal System for Award Management (SAM). SAM registration support can be found here.
Tips for Completing the Online Application:
- Have your FCC username and password from CORES on hand. You will need these to log in. After logging in, you can apply using only an FRN that you associated with your username in CORES.
- Fully and accurately complete all fields marked with an asterisk (*). These are required must be answered for your application to be complete.
- Save the form often by clicking "Save Draft" at the bottom of the page to preserve your work. We recommend that you fully complete each section and then save before moving to a new section.
- For questions that require a more detailed narrative response, we recommend that you put your response in a separate document and upload that document as an attachment to your application (by clicking the paperclip icon in the upper right corner). Please reference your attachment by writing, “See attachment [indicate the name of the applicant and attachment filename]” in the relevant section on the form.
- Consult the Instructions, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), Video Tutorial, and Slides for more information.
Commission staff will review your request and may ask for additional information before issuing a funding decision.
Beginning May 2, 2020, the Program stopped accepting emailed PDF form applications. All applications must be submitted through the online application portal.
If you submitted a fillable PDF application, you do not need to apply again. Your application is already under consideration, and we will contact you if we need any additional information.
- Instructions for the using the online application portal
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the application and the program
- Guidance on the Application Process (FCC Public Notice)
- Video Tutorial on the online application
- Slides from the video tutorial
- Questions about the application process can be emailed to TelehealthApplicationsSupport@fcc.gov.
Information about Invoicing and Reimbursements for COVID-19 Telehealth Program Funding
List of COVID-19 Telehealth Program Awardees (PDF) (as of May 28, 2020)
Orders, Public Notices, and Other Releases on the COVID-19 Telehealth Program
- FCC Approves Eighth Set of COVID-19 Telehealth Applications - News Release, released 05/28/2020
- FCC Approves Seventh Set of COVID-19 Telehealth Applications - News Release, released 05/20/2020
- FCC Approves Sixth Set of COVID-19 Telehealth Applications - News Release, released 05/13/2020
- FCC Approves Fifth Set of COVID-19 Telehealth Applications - News Release, released 05/06/2020
- COVID-19 Telehealth Program Applications: Portal Only May 2 11:59 EST - Public Notice, released 5/1/2020
- FCC Approves Fourth Set of COVID-19 Telehealth Applications - News Release, released 04/29/2020
- FCC Approves Third Set of COVID-19 Telehealth Applications - News Release, released 04/23/2020
- FCC Approves Second Set of COVID-19 Telehealth Applications - News Release, released 04/21/2020
- Waiver of the Red Light Rule for the COVID-19 Telehealth Program - Public Notice, released 04/21/2020
- Invoicing Guidance for the COVID-19 Telehealth Program - Public Notice, released 04/17/2020
- FCC Approves First Set of COVID-19 Telehealth Program Applications - News Release, released 04/16/2020
- COVID-19 Telehealth Program Application Launch and Webinar Presentation Information (PDF) - Public Notice, released 04/10/2020
- FCC's COVID-19 Telehealth Program Application Portal Opens Monday, April 13 - News Release, released 04/10/2020
- Guidance on the COVID-19 Telehealth Program Application Process - Public Notice, released 04/08/2020
- FCC Fights COVID-19 with $200M; Adopts Long-Term Connected Care Study - Order, released 04/02/2020
OMB Control Number 3060-1271