The Investigations & Hearings Division is responsible for resolution of complaints against broadcast stations and other Title III licensees on non-technical matters such as indecency, enhanced underwriting, unauthorized transfer of control and misrepresentation. In addition, with regard to wireless licensees, the Division is responsible for enforcement of rules regarding auction collusion and misrepresentation. The Division also investigates industry allegations of violations of Title II of the Communications Act, as amended, and FCC rules and policies pertaining to common carriers. In addition, the Division conducts, or assists in, various other investigations being conducted by the Bureau and serves as trial staff in formal Commission hearings.
- Resolves complaints against broadcast and other Title III licensees.
- Investigates and takes appropriate enforcement action against common carriers for violations of Title II and FCC rules based on industry allegations.
- Serves as trial staff in formal hearings conducted pursuant to 5 U.S.C. § 556 regarding applications, revocation, forfeitures and other matters designated for hearing.
- Investigates and takes appropriate enforcement action for violation of universal service requirements.
- Jeffrey Gee, Chief
- Christopher Sova, Deputy Chief
- Kalun Lee, Deputy Chief
- Matthew Conaty, Deputy Chief