ARMIS Overview & History
- The Automated Reporting Management Information System (ARMIS) was initiated in 1987 for collecting financial and operational data from the largest local exchange carriers.
- Additional ARMIS reports were added in the 1990s - in 1991 to collect service quality and network infrastructure information from local exchange carriers subject to price cap regulations, in 1992 to collect statistical data formerly included in Form M, and in 1995 to collect data monitoring video dial tone investment, expense and revenue data. (The video dial tone reporting requirement was eliminated by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.)
- In 2008, the Commission issued a number of conditional forbearance orders affecting ARMIS. These reduced the number of ARMIS reports or, in cases where forbearance did not extend to all data items within a report, the amount of ARMIS data that carriers had to file. The Commission granted certain large carriers conditional forbearance from the obligation to file FCC ARMIS Report 43-01.
- In 2013, the Commission extended forbearance from FCC ARMIS Report 43-01 to all price cap carriers with the same conditions imposed on the larger carriers.
- In 2014, the Commission adopted major revisions to the ARMIS reporting procedures. These changes included requiring electronic submission of all ARMIS reports and Pole Attachment Data (required as a condition of forbearance from the full ARMIS Report 43-01 filing requirement) using the Commission’s Electronic Comment Filing System.
- History of Changes to ARMIS Reporting Requirements 2000-2014
Current ARMIS Instructions (2015, due April 1, 2016)
- Reporting Instructions/Procedures (PDF) provides the instructions for filing:
- FCC ARMIS Report 43-01, the ARMIS Annual Summary Report
- FCC ARMIS Report 43-08, the ARMIS Operating Data Report
- The Pole and Conduit Rental Calculation Information Report (“pole attachment data”) formerly contained in ARMIS Report 43-01, Table III, when required as a condition of forbearance from the full ARMIS 43-01 reporting requirement.
- Report 43-01 Definitions (PDF) for the Pole and Conduit Rental Calculation Information Report (“pole attachment data”). Contains the following:
- (1) illustrations of all required report tables, showing conventions for table, row and column headings
- (2) general instructions, including row and column definitions, needed to complete the item entries in each table.
- Use in conjunction with the Reporting Instructions/Procedures (PDF) for a complete view of the filing procedures and requirements applicable to these two reports.
- Report 43-08 Definitions (PDF). Contains the following:
- (1) a reference table containing state row numbers and codes
- (2) an illustration of the required report table, showing conventions for table, row and column headings
- (3) general instructions, including row and column definitions, needed to complete the item entries in the table
- Use in conjunction with the Reporting Instructions/Procedures (PDF) for a complete view of the filing procedures and requirements applicable to this report.
- COSA Code Table (PDF) - lists the four-letter COSA Codes (CO = Company, SA = Study Area) of the reporting companies and their respective COSAs.
Archived ARMIS Materials
- Instructions, table layouts, and ASCII file specifications for:
2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998
ARMIS Rules and Requirements
- Rule Parts Relevant to ARMIS (Current Versions): 47 CFR Parts 32 36 43 51 64 65 69 e-CFR
- Carrier Filing Requirements - chart depicting which Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers must file ARMIS reports, and which reports they must file.
- Commission Orders and Notices - FCC ARMIS-related Orders, Notices of Proposed Rulemaking, Public Notices and other relevant documents.
Monday, December 22, 2014