The Enforcement Bureau has two divisions charged with the responsibility of handling complaints and other enforcement matters involving broadcast issues.
The Investigations and Hearing Division handles complaints and other enforcement matters involving non-technical broadcast issues such as broadcast of obscene and/or indecent material, hoaxes, licensee-conducted contests, and broadcast of telephone conversations. This Division also acts as trial staff in Commission hearings.
The Spectrum Enforcement Division handles complaints involving technical broadcast rules such as interference, excessive power, construction and/or operation outside of the scope of station authorization, and unlicensed operation of a broadcast station.
Information You Can Use
- Broadcast of Obscene, Profane and/or Indecent Material
- Broadcast of Telephone Conversations
- Public File Requirements
- Payola and Sponsorship Identification
- Broadcast Self-Inspection Checklists
- Unauthorized Operation
- Emergency Alert System Information
- Antenna Structure Information
- Broadcast Interference
- Enhanced Underwriting for Non-commercial Broadcast Stations
- The FCC Enforcement Bureau: A Broadcaster's Guide
For further information on broadcast issues, please visit the Media Bureau's web site at www.fcc.gov/mb.