Temporary Operator Permit
An applicant for an Aircraft, Ship, Restricted Radiotelephone, Restricted Radiotelephone-Limited Use, and GMRS Radio Service may operate for 90 days under temporary authority evidenced by a properly executed certification made on FCC Form 605. This temporary authority is covered under FCC 605, Schedule F.
Special Temporary Authority (STA)
All applications for STA must also include an attachment that would justify the need for an STA.
- On the left hand column choose Apply for a New License.
- Click down arrow and select Radio Service code. Click Continue.
- APPLICATION INFO: Complete Application Information. Be sure to select Special Temporary Authority from the drop down. Click continue to move through the pages of the application.
- ATTACHMENT: An attachment is required explaining in detail why you need to be issued a temporary license and how long you will need the temporary license. Click the "Attachment" button at the top of the page. This will open a separate screen on your computer. Complete the attachment information and click "Add Attachment." Close this screen to get back to the application.
- Review the summary page before continuing to certify the filing and submit. This will be the final chance to review your information before submission. Once you have completed the review on the summary page click "Continue to Certify."
- Certification information will now appear and you will need to sign. Click the "Submit" button at the bottom right hand side of the page. Print confirmation page or jot down File number.
- If a fee is required ULS will automatically calculate this fee. Click the "Continue to 159" button to make payment online or to print out the FCC form 159.
If additional assistance is needed in completing the filing information, please call the ULS Customer Support Hotline at 1-877-480-3201, select option 2.