The Form 477 Filing Interface is now available!
Data for June 30, 2022 are due by September 1, 2022.
- Broadband Data Collection: The FCC's first Broadband Data Collection (BDC) opened on June 30, 2022. All facilities-based providers of mobile or fixed broadband internet access must submit their filings by September 1, 2022. Broadband service providers must submit BOTH the FCC's Form 477 and the Broadband Data Collection filings. Please see the Broadband Data Collection page for more info
- BDC Resources: Information and resources are available at the BDC Help Center and at Broadband Data Collection
- BDC Enforcement Advisory: On June 15, 2022 the FCC issued an advisory reminding facilities-based broadband providers of their obligation to participate in the BDC
- BDC Questions: Any questions about the BDC can be submitted through the BDC Help Center at https://help.bdc.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new.
- Census Geography Codes: 2020 Census geography codes must be used when you’re creating and filing your data as of December 31, 2021 (due March 1, 2022). To ease revisions, filings of data as of June 30, 2021 and before will continue to rely on 2010 Census codes.
- New Login: A CORES Username and Password are required to log in to the Form 477 filing interface. For info on getting a CORES username and password, click here and for a preview of the new login procedure, click here.
- Where's my FRN?: If you log into the Form 477 filing interface and don't see your FRN(s) listed in the drop-down box but have already associated the FRN(s) with you CORES username, please send an email containing your CORES username and FRN to 477INFO@fcc.gov
- Mobile Deployment Maps: All geometries must be well-formed in 2D according to the OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium) rules. Invalid geometries will be reported to the user, but maps containing invalid geometries will not be accepted by the system. Please see our voice & broadband tip sheets for more info. If you have questions, please email 477INFO@fcc.gov.
Filing Form 477:
- Filing Interface
- Who Must File Form 477? (PDF) updated 12/23/19
- Obtain an FRN (FCC Registration Number) or username from FCC CORES if you do not already one.
- For help, send an e-support request or call 1-877-480-3201 or 1-717-338-2824 (TTY).
Instructions, Guides & FAQs:
- Changes to Form 477 in 2019 and 2020 (PDF) updated 6/18/20
- Instructions (PDF) updated 6/19/21
- Resources for Each Form Section: Formatting Info, Templates, Sample Files updated 12/23/19
- Glossary of Form 477 Terms (PDF) updated 12/23/19
- Creating Fixed Broadband Deployment Data
- Using CSV Files in Excel
- Interface User Guide (PDF) updated 6/30/21
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Resources for Filings through June 30, 2019 updated 6/19/21
- Overview of Census Tracts (PDF): 2010 | 2020
- List of Census Tracts (Excel): 2010 | 2020
- U.S. Census Bureau - Census Tract Maps: 2010 | 2020
- Visualizing Census Tracts in Google Earth (PDF): 2010 | 2020
- Overview of Census Blocks (PDF): 2010 | 2020
- List of Census Blocks by State: 2010 | 2020
- U.S. Census Bureau - Census Block Maps: 2010 | 2020
- Using Census's Geocoder (PDF): 2010 | 2020
- Find Your Service Area Census Blocks Using QGIS (PDF)
Data & Reports:
- Fixed Broadband Deployment Map
- Fixed Broadband Deployment Census Block Data
- Mobile Broadband and Voice Deployment Data
- Internet Access Services Reports
- Voice Telephone Services Reports
- Broadband Progress Reports
- Additional Form 477 Data
- How State Commissions Can Obtain Form 477 Subscription Data
Orders and Releases:
Need Help or Have Form 477 Questions:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-418-0940.
Friday, July 1, 2022