The Form 477 Filing System will not accept data as of December 31, 2022.
All Form 477 voice and broadband subscription data as of December 31, 2022 must be submitted in the Broadband Data Collection System.
- Use the Broadband Data Collection System: All Form 477 data from all filers must be submitted in the Broadband Data Collection System. The Form 477 Filing Interface will remain open for revisions for data as of June 30, 2022 and earlier, but will not open to accept data as of December 31, 2022.
- Sunset of Block-level Fixed Broadband Deployment Data: The collection of block-level fixed broadband data has been discontinued. Facilities-based providers of fixed and mobile internet access service are no longer required to submit block-level broadband deployment data in the Form 477 filing interface AND broadband availability data in the BDC system. Now, providers only need to submit broadband availability data in the BDC system. For details, see Form 477 Sunset Public Notice (DA 22-1345).
- Broadband Data Collection: All facilities-based providers of fixed broadband internet access service, facilities-based providers of mobile broadband internet access service, facilities-based providers of mobile voice service, and all providers of fixed voice service must submit data as of December 31, 2022 in the Broadband Data Collection. Please see the Broadband Data Collection page for more info.
- Census Geography Codes: 2020 Census geography codes must be used when creating and filing data as of December 31, 2021 and June 30, 2022. Filings or revisions of data as of June 30, 2021 and earlier rely on 2010 Census codes.
Filing Form 477:
- BDC Filing System (Submit and revise data for December 31, 2022 filings and beyond)
- Form 477 Legacy Filing Interface (Submit and revise data for June 30, 2022 and earlier reporting periods)
- Who Must File Form 477? (PDF)
- Obtain an FRN (FCC Registration Number) or username from FCC CORES if you do not already one.
- For help, send an e-support request or call 1-877-480-3201 or 1-717-338-2824 (TTY).
Instructions, Guides & FAQs:
- Changes to Form 477 in 2019 and 2020 (PDF) updated 6/18/20
- Instructions (PDF) updated 6/19/21
- Resources for Each Form Section: Formatting Info, Templates, Sample Files updated 1/13/2023
- Glossary of Form 477 Terms (PDF) updated 12/23/19
- Using CSV Files in Excel
- Legacy Interface User Guide (PDF) updated 6/30/21
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Resources for Filings through June 30, 2022 updated 1/13/2023
- Overview of Census Tracts (PDF): 2010 | 2020
- List of Census Tracts (Excel): 2010Excel download | 2020
- U.S. Census Bureau - Census Tract Maps: 2010 | 2020
- Visualizing Census Tracts in Google Earth (PDF): 2010 | 2020
- Using Census's Geocoder (PDF): 2010 | 2020
Data & Reports:
- Form 477 Fixed Broadband Deployment Map
- Fixed Broadband Deployment Census Block Data
- Mobile Broadband and Voice Deployment Data
- Internet Access Services Reports
- Voice Telephone Services Reports
- Broadband Progress Reports
- Additional Form 477 Data
- How State Commissions Can Obtain Form 477 Subscription Data
Orders and Releases:
Need Help or Have Form 477 Questions:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-418-0940.
Thursday, January 19, 2023