Who Must File
- Facilities-based providers of broadband connections to end user locations
- Providers of wired or fixed wireless local exchange telephone service
- Providers of interconnected Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service
- Facilities-based providers of mobile telephony service
Filing Deadlines: March 1 and September 1
Note: The electronic filing system is available for the March 1, 2011 and earlier filings.
How to File:
- Obtain an FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password if you do not have them. Use the update feature to reset password, if necessary.
- File online using the required web-based system.
What Information to File: See the detailed Instructions.
Resources and Tools:
- Screen Shots is a blank copy of the filing system (63 pages).
- Tutorial is an overview of how to complete and file Form 477 (64 pages).
- System Guide is a more detailed explanation of the filing system that includes trouble-shooting reminders.
- Technical FAQs discusses the most commonly reported filer difficulties.
- Census Tract Information is relevant for broadband providers.
Contact FCC Form 477 staff: email@example.com or (202) 418-0940.