The Television Branch of the Video Services Division licenses and regulates both commercial and noncommercial broadcast UHF and VHF television stations. Licensing and regulation of these facilities is prescribed by the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, which sets up certain basic requirements. In general, the staff of the Television Branch reviews applications for construction permit, license renewal and assignment of license or transfer of control of the licensee of a television station. Applicants must satisfy the Commission that they are legally, technically and financially qualified and that operation of the proposed station would be in the public interest.
- Children's TV Electronic Filing Form
- General Description of Digital TV
- DTV Regulatory Information
- DTV Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Existing Full Service Stations
- Self Inspection Checklist
Our popular internet queries may be used to retrieve information about television and radio broadcast stations.
- AM Query
- FM Query
- TV Query
- CDBS Public Access Search
- Children’s Programming Fact Sheet
- Children’s Programming Query
- Mailing Addresses for Broadcast Stations
- FCC Word/Number Search. Use the Word/Number Search to help locate Public Notices referencing an application by entering the right-hand part of the application file number (e.g., 20010612ACX) and selecting 'Search'.
For more information pertaining to the Video Division, please call: (202) 418-1600.