This article provides information on Amending an Application in the Antenna Structure Registration (ASR) system. There are generally three reasons for you to amend an application in ASR:
- You need to change some information on an application that is pending.
- Your application that was pending environmental notice is now ready for Part 2 certification.
- You received a Notice of Return letter from the FCC and you must respond to the letter.
A request to amend an application may require a new Environmental Notice.
An amendment to a pending Form 854 requires new local and national notice if:
- There is any change in the type of structure; or
- There is any change in the coordinates of the tower location; or
- There is an increase in the overall height of the structure; or
- There is a change from a more preferred lighting configuration to a less preferred lighting configuration. Lighting styles are ranked as follows (with the most preferred lighting style listed first and the least preferred listed last): (1) no lights; (2) FAA Lighting Styles that do not involve use of red steady lights; and (3) FAA Lighting Styles that involve use of red steady lights.
Steps to Filing a Request to Amend an Application in ASR
- Log in to ASR Online Filing with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password.
- On the Antenna Structure Registration Dashboard click on the drop-down arrow on the More Actions button.
- Select the purpose Amend Application.
- On the Application Manager page click on the file number you would like to amend.
Note: If you receive an error message referencing a saved Amendment, you’ll need to delete or submit the Saved application before continuing.
- On the Application at a Glance page click on the Amend Application button.
- Complete the required fields. Navigate through the application by clicking on the Save and Continue button.
- On the Application Summary page click on the Sign and Submit button
- Complete the Certification page and click the Submit Application button..
Note: By typing your first and last name in the name fields you have signed your application.
- You will receive a confirmation of application submission screen that shows the file number and status. Click the Back to Home button to return to the Antenna Structure Registration Dashboard.
FAQs – Filing a Request to Amend an Application in ASR
Will I owe a filing fee?
Why can’t a see the application I want to amend in step 4?
There are a few possibilities:
- Applications must be in a Pending status in order to file an amendment.
- The application must be linked to the same FRN you used to log in to ASR Online Filing.
- If you previously started to file an amendment application and did not complete the filing, it could be in the list of Saved applications.
How do I know if my application is received at the FCC?
Applications will appear immediately in ASR Application Search. Enter the file number in the ASR Application Search to find your application.