Per Public Notice DA 15-72, the FCC no longer mails license authorizations. You will provide an email address on your application, and a link to print your official copy of your license will be automatically emailed to you when the application has granted. Licensees may also log into ULS to download official authorizations by following the instructions below.
ULS currently provides both a temporary and a permanent link on the License Manager homepage to download current official authorizations in Active status. The temporary link, "download your official electronic authorizations now,” can be found on a green bar across the top of the License Manager homepage. The permanent link, “Download Electronic Authorizations” can be found in the navigation bar on the left side of the License Manager homepage.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOADING OFFICIAL AUTHORIZATIONS IN ULS
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR DOWNLOADING OFFICIAL AUTHORIZATIONS
1. Go to https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp and log in with your FCC Registration Number (FRN) and password. After entering your password, proceed to the steps for Download Electronic Authorizations below.
2. Once you are logged in, click the "Download Electronic Authorizations" link on the navigation bar on the left side of the License Manager home page.
There will be two options for finding the call sign for downloading:
1 - Search for the authorization(s) you want to download:
- Enter the call sign OR
- Enter a date range (based on Effective Date of the license)
2 - In the My Authorizations box at the bottom of the page, select the call signs you wish to download.
- Add the call sign(s) to the Authorizations to Download box by clicking the call sign(s) and clicking the Add button.
3. Once the licenses have been selected, click the Download button in the lower right-hand corner of the page. The download will be automatically converted to a PDF file, and you can choose to Open (to print) or Save (to save to a desired folder)
Filers using Chrome will need to turn off the Pop-up Blocker before downloading. To turn off the Pop-up Blocker:
- Click on the Settings icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right-hand corner of the browser
- Click on Settings
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click the link Show Advanced Settings
- Under the Privacy heading, click the Content Settings button
- In the Content Settings window, scroll down to the Pop-ups section
- Click Allow all sites to show pop-ups; click the Done button
- Close the Settings tab
After the authorization(s) have been selected for download, follow these steps for accessing the PDF file in Chrome:
- After clicking the Download button, a blank window will open. At this point, the authorizations are downloading. (If the filer exits this window prior to the download finishing, the download will not complete.)
- Once the download completes, it will appear at the bottom of the blank window.
- Click on the button to open the PDF file
NOTE: If the download button cannot be seen at the bottom of the screen, maximize the window.
The FCC recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers for MAC when downloading authorizations using the MAC OS.
If you receive one of the following error messages after attempting the above steps, you may need to install or update the Adobe Acrobat Reader:
- Invalid or corrupted PDF file.
- Message: Invalid PDF structure
Go to the following website - https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- You may uncheck the optional offer.
- Click the Install now button.
- You will be prompted to either save or run the file. (If you are prompted to save the file, you will need to locate your download folder and run the file.)
For further assistance with the installation please refer to the Need help? link on the page.
Mobile devices will need to have a PDF viewer to open the Electronic Authorization. We recommend installing Adobe Acrobat Reader from the app store.
**Note - The above instructions explain methods by which a licensee can access in ULS its current official authorizations, which include the watermark “Official Copy” imprinted on each page, in Active status that are authorized under Parts 1, 13, 20, 22, 24, 27, 74, 80, 87, 90, 95, 97 and 101 of the Commission’s rules. Official authorizations in any status other than “Active,” including, for example, current official authorizations in “Expired,” “Cancelled,” or “Terminated” status, as well as official authorizations archived in ULS, cannot be accessed electronically. The Bureau will continue to process, on a manual basis, spectrum subleases and private commons arrangements. The Commission will also continue to provide unofficial reference copies of authorizations online through ULS License Search with the watermark “Reference Copy” imprinted on each page.