This article provides information on updating your FCC Registration Number (FRN) information. To update your FRN information, you need to access CORES with your Username and password. If you do not have a Username Account you will need to create one and then associate your FRN to that Username Account. Tutorial videos on new CORES/Username accounts can be found at https://www.fcc.gov/licensing-databases/fcc-registration-system-cores/commission-registration-system-video-tutorials
Note: Updating your FRN information does not update information in the FCC’s licensing systems such as the Universal Licensing System (ULS). If you need to update information about licenses, you need to access the specific licensing systems.
Steps to Updating FCC Registration Number (FRN) Information
- Go to the FCC Commission’s Registration System (CORES) and log in with your Username and Password
- Click Associate Username to FRN (if your username is already associated to your FRN, skip to Step 6)
- Enter your FRN and a comment explaining why you are associating the FRN; click Continue
- Click the second option on the next screen, "enter the answer to Personal Security Question" and type the answer in the field; click Submit
- You will get a confirmation screen advising that your username has been associated to your FRN. You can now update your FRN by going back to CORES
- Click the "Manage Associated FRNs" link
- Click the "Manage FRNs" link
- Click on the Administer or Manage tab
- Click on "Update/View FRN" to the right of the FCC Registration Number (FRN) that you wish to update
- Update the desired information and click "Submit"
NOTE: Users with View permissions can not update the FRN data; it will be a "read-only" view. You can also view step-by-step instructions for updating FRNs here: https://apps.fcc.gov/cores/html/Update_FRN_Information.htm
FAQs – Updating FCC Registration Number (FRN) Information
I entered my password incorrectly in step # 1 above and I’m locked out. What should I do?
You can request a reset of your password online at https://apps2.fcc.gov/fccUserReg/pages/reset-passwd-identify.htm .